The Host Agent registers the server’s HBA (host bus adapter) with the attached storage system when the Agent service starts. This action sends the initiator records for each HBA to the storage system. Initiator records are used to control access to storage-system data. The Agent can then retrieve information from the storage system automatically at startup or when requested by Manager or CLI. The Host Agent can also:
· Send drive mapping information to the attached CLARiiON storage systems.
· Monitor storage-system events and can notify personnel by email, page, or modem when any designated event occurs.
· Retrieve LUN WWN (world wide name) and capacity information from Symmetrix storage systems.
Note: The Host Agent runs on servers attached to CX-series and AX-series storage systems that have been upgraded to Navisphere Manager, that is, that have the Navisphere Manager enabler installed.
The Admhost Utility is an executable program that you can run interactively by a script. It runs only on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 or Windows 2000 operating systems, and works with layered-driver applications (for example, SAN Copy™, SnapView™ and MirrorView™/A devices), and non-layered-driver devices.
Use admhost commands to:
· Scan for new storage devices
· Assign drive letters to the devices
· Make storage devices inaccessible to the server operating system
· Flush cache data to disk
· List drive letters and worldwide names for all server devices
Note: The Admhost Utility runs on servers attached to CX-series and AX-series storage systems that have been upgraded to Navisphere Manager, that is, that have the Navisphere Manager enabler installed.
For AX-series, CX-series, and CX3-series storage systems, the following IP addresses are reserved for use by EMC support. Therefore, do not use the following IP addresses:
In addition, for CX3-series storage systems, the following IP addresses are reserved for use by EMC support. Therefore, do not use the following IP addresses:
· SPA: 18.104.22.168
· SPB: 22.214.171.124
If you have a problem with your CX-series storage system, you need perform some troubleshooting as guided in troubleshooting flowcharts to try to solve the problem. To obtain the appropriate troubleshooting flowchart and troubleshoot a problem:
1. In a web browser window, connect to the EMC PowerLink (http://Powerlink.EMC.com) home page and then select Support > Self Help Tools > CLARiiON Tools.
2. On the CLARiiON Tools page, under CLARiiON Documentation Tools, click Troubleshooting Flowcharts: CX Series.
3. On the CX Troubleshooting Flowcharts page, in the Navigation pane which is the left column of the web page, click the appropriate categories (for example, CX Series or CX3 Series) to see possible symptoms for that series. Find and click the symptom that best matches the symptom or message that you are seeing.
4. Follow the instructions and decisions in the troubleshooting flowchart to solve the problem.