When you initially install a new storage system, you must run the Navisphere Storage System Initialization Utility which prompts you to configure IP addresses for the SPs and set up accounts to log in to the SPs. You use these IP addresses when you connect and log into Navisphere Manager.
For an existing storage system that has been installed, initialized, configured, and possibly used, you must use Navisphere Manager to change the IP address of an SP. This FAQ outlines how to change the IP address of an SP on an existing storage system.
IMPORTANT: Before you change the IP address of an SP, if the storage system is on a domain, you must remove that storage system from the domain. When you enter a new IP address and accept the acknowledgments to change the address, you will be disconnected and the SP will reboot. You will then need to log onto the SP using the new address and add the storage system to a domain. If the storage system was the domain Master, when you re-connect, you will need to either recreate the domain and become master or else join another domain.
Dont forget to create the PPP Dialup Connection before attempting to login to the SP, otherwise it will fail
1. Open Navisphere Manager.
2. If the storage system is in a domain, remove it from the domain.
3. Under the Storage tab, click and expand the icon for the storage system that you want to modify.
4. Right-click the SP whose IP address you want to change and select Properties.
5. Click the Network tab.
6. Enter the new IP address in the IP Address field.
7. Click Apply to apply the change.
Note: If you have not removed the SP from the domain, you will see a prompt that strongly suggests that you cancel the operation and remove the SP from the domain before changing the SP’s IP address. Click either Yes to continue or No to cancel the address change.
8. At the confirmation prompt, click Yes to continue or No to cancel the IP address change.
9. At the second confirmation prompt, click Yes to continue or No to cancel the IP address change.
Note: Either Navisphere Manager will fail over to the unchanged SP, or the Navisphere Manager session will disconnect. In either case, the changed SP will reboot and will be available at the new IP address.
10. If Navisphere manager did not fail over to the unchanged SP, log into Navisphere Manager on either SP, noting that the changed SP has the new address.
11. Add the storage system to an existing domain or if necessary, create a new domain with the SP as master. See Help in Navisphere Manager.
Note: For further information on using Navisphere Manager, click Help in Navisphere Manager.