You can have more than one Enterprise Storage dialog box open at the same time in Navisphere Manager. This may be useful when you want to view more than one tree at the same time. To open a new Enterprise Storage dialog box:
In the File menu, click New Enterprise Storage Window.
To open Navisphere Manager:
1. Open an internet browser such as Microsoft® Internet Explorer™ or Netscape Navigator® on the server or on any host with access to the LAN on which the storage system resides.
2. Enter the IP address of one of the storage system’s Storage Processors (SPs), for example, http://10.18.100.101
3. Wait for the Navisphere Login screen.
4. In the Navisphere Login screen, enter your username and password as directed. The username and password were assigned to you or to a group by the storage administrator.
5. Next to Global/Local, select either Global if you are connecting across a domain or Local if you have a local connection to the storage system.
6. Click OK to log in.
Note: In the Navisphere window, for information on using Navisphere, click Help > Help Topics.
The following steps only roughly outline how to make a LUN disk available to the operating system. The process is operating system dependent. This procedure assumes that you have already created a LUN.
Note: See the Navisphere Manager online help by clicking Help in Navisphere Manager.
1. Open Navisphere Manager . Click the Help button and look for “Preparing LUNs to receive data.” See the procedures for Microsoft Windows.
2. Write a signature to the disk and upgrade it to a dynamic disk.
3. Create either partitions for a basic disk or volumes for a dynamic disk.
1. Open Navisphere Manager . Click Help and look for “Preparing LUNs to receive data.” See the procedures for Linux.
2. Partition the virtual disk.
3. Create and mount filesystems on the partitions.
1. Open Navisphere Manager . Click Help and look for “Preparing virtual disks to receive data.” See the procedures for NetWare.
2. Create NetWare partitions on the virtual disks.
3. Create and mount volumes.
The following steps briefly outline how to create a RAID Group:
Note: For detailed information about RAID groups, click Help in Navisphere Manager,
1. Open Navisphere Manager
2. In the Enterprise Storage dialog box, click the Storage tab to display a tree view of the Storage Systems.
3. Double-click the Storage system icon to open the storage system tree.
4. Click on the Create RAID Group… option.
5. RIght-click the RAID Groups icon to display a list of options available for RAID Groups.
6. The Create RAID Group dialog box opens.
7. Click Help in the dialog box to display descriptions of each property in the dialog box.