HP Discover 2011, Day 1 (Keynote) – Live Blogging
HP Discover getting kicked off this afternoon in Vegas with a keynote from HP CEO – Leo Apotheker.
You can find more about the conference on Twitter with #hpdiscover, http://twitter.com/#!/search/hpdiscover
* Jake Johansen kicks off HP Discover 2011 (Jake is a standup comedian), pretty funny jokes…
* Rich Gerrafo next on stage explaining what the HP Discover conference is….
* 10000 attendes, 1000 partners, 800 breakout seconds…..amazing crowd
* New WEBOS demo’ed
* New ECO POD seen in the demo..
* 300000 employees, 170 countries, HP’s outreach….
* HP Cloud Services, Open Cloud, Enterprise Cloud Service, A Hybrid Private Cloud, A Public Cloud soon, IT as a Service, Platform services and a Open Cloud market.
* Cloud services will be Transformative in how HP is positioned today and in the future
* Verizon – Terremark, Kerry Bailey, CEO on stage
* Everything as a service…
* So far everything has been about the cloud…(personal note)
* Verizon is redefining how services are being provided to customers. Cloud services were thought of disruptive services in the past but customers have started to turn around and new business models exists today…
* 2 Billion dollars available to customers to build new cloud (thru HP financing)
* Touch the cloud with the devices you touch…
* HP TouchPad…….WEBOS, only OS specifically designed for WEB.
* Touchpad in Action…..VIDEO
* Qualcomm SnapDragon processor
* One easy to use interface….
* Company apps can be pushed out through Citrix or through traditional apps
* Touch to share….share between phone and the touchpad….
* Amazing stuff…..IPAD needs some of these things (personal note)
* Acquisition of Vertica shows where we are headed with structured and unstructured data.
* Doug Porter, CEO from Blue Cross Blue Shield System, 39 companies
* Data Analytics and Vertica products and how BCBS uses it for its companies to make fast business decisions.
* Marge Berge, GM. HP IT Executive Scoreboard released
* Marge demo’s HP IT Executie Scoreboard and a demo.
* HP is one of the largest IT security companies in the world
* Kris Herrin, CTO Heartland.
* Heartland payment systems is the 5th largest payment system in the US
* Heartland move around 80 Billion dollars
* Heartland going Infrastructure as a service
* Heartland had a security breach and since then have implemented HP Arcsight
* Interesting speech from Leo Apotheker
* A video message from Intel CEO Paul Otellini
* Personal note, how Intel is so important with all new technologies going to market…
* Intel VP, Kirk Skaugen on stage
* By 2015, 1 Billion more users, 15 Billion more devices, 1000 Exabytes of Data to be generated
* Some very interesting stats on data and servers and how the future might pose some challenges
* SAP Co-CEO Bill Mcdermott on stage
* HP and SAP have been partners for past 20 years
* 70% of employees do not meet their customers…
* Mobile Business, Big Data that is all Mr. Mcdermott’s speech
* Build a mobile business strategy for your business, Disrupt things and leverage the Cloud, Measure Results
* Kevin Turner, Microsoft COO on stage
* Modernized Desktop, Communications & Collaboration, Enterprise Data Management and Datacenter Infrastructure topics of discussions by Kevin
* 21Million Lotus Notes transfered to Microsoft Exchange
* HP E5000 Messaging System for Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
* MS SQL just passed IBM DB2 in revenue, leads TPC benchmark for Performance and Price
* MS has signed up 5Million seats so far in the Cloud Services
* Kevin left the stage giving his email address and phone number at Microsoft.
* Rich Gerraffo is back on stage, introducing Don Tapscott
* Don Tapscott , University of Toronto, Writer, Speaker on stage
* Very interesting story about GOLDCORP and the person that owns it, amazing changed the company value from 90 Million to 10 Billion overnight.
* Global Computer is the Cloud
* Move your IT to the Global Computer
Catchup tomorrow with additional Keynotes and HP Discover Blogs